- Take Action
Posted: February 10, 2017
Minutes – January 18, 2016
Thurston Lewis Mason Central Labor Council
Meeting Location: WSLC Office 906 S. Columbia, Olympia, WA
Call to Order: at 7:00 PM
- President: Bob Guenther – 2018 (P)
- Vice President: Brandon Anderson – 2018 (E)
- Secretary: Peter Lahmann – 2018 (P)
- Treasurer: Don Cline – 2018 (P)
- PAC: Jason Holland – 2018 (P)
- Sgt. at Arms: (Vacant)
- Bridget Flory – 2018 (P)
- Bing Bristol – 2018 (A)
- Debra Solomon – 2018 (E)
- T. Paul Schell – 2017 (E)
- Karen White – 2019 (P)
- Nancy Heley – 2018 (P)
Guests – Brian
Minutes – November 16, 2016 — December 21, 2016 Motion Seconded, motion carried approved.
Presidents Report – Bob Guenther – – Met with KELA radio about doing some on air marketing. IBEW 77 may do this and we could partner. 1200 per month. Bob met with Trans Alta and Workforce Development, Talked about mine shut down and how they will replace the workforce. Met with Operators and Mine. Bob will meet with Hillary Franz, new director of DNR tomorrow.
Financial Statements – Don Cline – Treasurer – Motion to Approve Financial statement as written, Second, Motion Carried.
Correspondence – Peter Lahmann – WSLC affiliation request, WSLC Presidents Club.
Political Update – Jason Holland – Reported on Seattle City Council, Teresa Mosqueda is running for Council Pos. 8, and that a lot of bad legislation had already being introduced. Also talked about funding for McCleary. Right to work bills. Still working on Sakuma.
Steve Seagall – Beth Doglio HB 1116
Old Business –
- 1. Per Capita Raise – Under discussion, what are the other CLC per caps? Check in. What did that other CLC’s put out for the last election?
New Business –
- 2017 Labor Day Picnic at Washington Park in Centralia. Peter will check on it on reservation of park.
- Put Communications line item back in the Treasurers report.
Delegate Reports –
- Ken Quinlan – Building trades are experiencing acute labor shortage. Discussion about how apprentices are taken in.
- Peter Lahmann – Feb. 2 Career Event at DuPont for Military Transition.
Swearing in for New Delegates – Tonya Maiava and Cameron Mullins, delegates were sworn in.
Good of the Order – None.
Adjourn – 8:05 PM
Next meeting –
February 15, 2017 – Teamsters’ Office Building. 217 E. Main St., Centralia, WA 98531.